You’re excited, ready to move into the next phase of your career and work for yourself, and you’ve chosen to invest in an ice cream business.
Before you get started, familiarize yourself with the steps we take at Marble Slab to ensure that we are a good fit and that your launch goes well.
Here are the steps detailing what an ice cream investment consists of.
The very first step to invest in an ice cream business is reaching out to us for more information. Our website and blog can’t possibly answer all of your questions, so get in touch with us get your questions answered. When you reach out, we will ask a few questions in a confidential questionnaire so that we can learn a little bit more about you before we chat.
Next, a member of our team will reach out to you for a no-strings-attached question and answer period. Bring all your questions to this conversation so that you can judge whether Marble Slab is a good fit for you.
After this initial conversation, it is time to begin the formal application process which eventually leads to the grand opening of your Marble Slab Creamery.
- Application: Complete a full application – start by contacting us.
- Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD): Read the FDD, a document full of all the details about what it takes to invest in an ice cream business including average net sales, operational costs, and more.
- One-on-One Time: During this time and throughout the opening process, you will have one-on-one meetings with your development manager.
- Reach Out to Franchisees: Spend time talking to the experts—Marble Slab’s other franchisees! Chat with them about their day-to-day lives, investments, and secrets to success.
- Meet and Greet: Travel to Georgia to meet the entire Marble Slab Creamery team. This visit is optional, but a good time is a guarantee.
- Franchise Agreement: Time to sign the franchise agreement! That means you’re approved! This is the agreement between you and Marble Slab regarding what you can expect from each other. The franchise fee of $30,000 is due at signing.
- Location, Location, Location: Securing your location—with the help of our real estate and site selection experts—makes it all come together. Negotiating a lease and building out an ice cream shop is tangible, which is why this is one of the most important steps. The right location can have a major impact on your business, so we take this step seriously.
Signing a lease agreement for your location is the far from the final step, though it is a major one. From here, you will plan and hold your grand opening, which requires everything from local marketing to hiring employees.
Additionally, keep in mind that this is the outline version of a detail-oriented process. In general, it takes 60-120 days between submitting your inquiry and signing your documents. Trust us through the process—it is our goal to make it as smooth as possible.
Ready to invest in an ice cream business of your own? Contact us now.